Five for Friday!


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday! Join the party and link up HERE!!





Over Thanksgiving, I brought home our class pet, Master Splinter. Well, my husband fell in love watching him scurry around in his exercise ball. So... guess who got a hamster this week?! Hahaha! My parents and in-laws are waiting for us to open a zoo. My husband and I would take home every animal we come across if we had the space. So check out Jub Jub (named after the Princess Leia's Ewok friend), the newest addition to the LoConte family.









It's Christmas cookie time!! My husband and I invited one of our best friends and my brother over to the house to start the holiday baking! We kicked it all off with chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip (my brother's FAVORITE), and sugar cookies. As I believe I've mentioned before, my husband and I are total NERDSSSSSSS and my husband, in particular, is a HUGE Star Wars fanatic! Williams Sonoma had these adorable cookie cutters on clearance this summer, so we snatched them up! After fiddling with them, we were able to merge the character heads with our gingerbread people and VOILA! Star Wars has never been so cute... or tasty!! :)




My sister-in-law is engaged!! My sister-in-law is engaged!! I am so excited to shout it from the rooftops... MY SISTER-IN-LAW IS ENGAGED!! She and her fiance have been together for about a year and a half, but there was something between them from the very start -- I think that they both just sort of knew. They have already faced so much together, but... they've remained strong and it is so clear that they love each other. Now, as I've blogged about before... I've known my husband since I was 14 years old. We were friends through high school. Well, Christine and I, we were friends during that time, as well. At one point, I would say that she was one of my closest. I love how everything is coming full circle. It is just so wonderful to see her as happy as I am with her brother. I could not be happier for her! Tomorrow, we are heading out to a bridal expo to start the planning! Yay!!!!





Christmastime has always, always, ALWAYS been one of my favorite times of the year. No matter what, everything just appears magical. Since getting married, it's all just gotten so much better! Dave and I have created our own little traditions and I couldn't love them more! Every year, we get crazy cozy PJs just like when we were kids... bundle up in bed with the electric fireplace going and fall asleep to Christmas movies. Then, we get up super early (again, I swear we are just like children) and open presents. Then, we head over to my in-laws' house and snuggle in with hot chocolate, more pjs, and more Christmas movies. There are few things better than that homey feeling. All of us together... the lights twinkling... and piping hot chocolate! That is love.

Here's a quick throwback to two years ago because I'm so bad at remembering to take pictures at the holiday. I have got to get better at it before we have kids! Hahaha!









Right before break, we attended our first field trip of the year. Spearheaded by the Kindergarten team, we were so excited to head out to Stepping Stones Museum in Norwalk. Learn more about the museum HERE.
We had SO MUCH FUN!! Here's a quick taste, but there is just so much to talk about that I think it merits a blog post of its own!




Seriously, though... don't forget to give me a follow to stay up to date on all posts! :)
And check me out on instagram!
post signature

No comments

Back to Top