Book Talk Tuesday!

This week, I'm linking up with the lovely Deanna Jump for her Book Talk Tuesday



For today's book, I chose to move away from the picture books that I so love. Instead, I chose You Read to Me, I'll Read to You; Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together.


 As you can see, there are a number of traditional tales to choose from!



Each story is roughly 2-4 pages, rarely longer. 
Don't you just LOVE those illustrations?!


Additionally, the text complexity varies throughout the book, making it an absolute gold mine for differentiation!
My absolute favorite thing about this book is that it merges traditional tales with grade-level appropriate text while still introducing some rich vocabulary.

I love to use this book to pair up students for fluency work. They get a kick out of experiencing such popular tales in a new and different way and especially love getting the opportunity to act out each tale!
Once we become familiar with these tales, it functions as a fantastic fluency center where students are given a choice as to which story to read.
Additionally, I will often copy lines of text onto sentence strips and have students work with them in a sequencing activity.
When I student taught, I mixed up the tales and had students create their own fractured fairy tales. I hope to do it again this year and will definitely be sharing out once I do! :)
post signature

No comments

Back to Top