A Week of THANKS -- Day 5!



Oof! I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your families! I would have to rank yesterday as one of the best! I just love when my dad and brother join us along with my in-laws! We all get on so well... it's a day of laughter and good conversation! 

We are rounding 3rd here, with our 5th day of linking up with Blog Hoppin'!

Today, for the letter K, I have to give thanks for KIDS!

As with the rest of you, the KIDS are the reason that I do what I do, but... it is these kids that have also changed me -- for the better

These kids motivate me to be the best version of myself day in and day out. I find myself making choices with them in mind. Am I saying/doing/acting/projecting as I would like for them to? I find myself working harder and harder each and every day to provide them with the best possible education. 

They motivate me, but they have also saved me.

Back in college, I went into somewhat of a dark place. The kids were always my light. When I felt lonely, scared, overwhelmed -- my practicum placements pulled me right out of that funk. Seeing those shining faces so full of hope inspired me -- and they continue to do so today.

I often catch myself saying that it doesn't matter what is going on in the world -- when I close that classroom door and it's just me and my 24 best friends, we make magic happen. We can change the world!

I am so incredibly thankful (and truly honored) to be able to spend my days with such amazing kids. There is no better job on the planet.


post signature

No comments

Back to Top