This Week in 221!

I have been a Pinterest addict for at least a year now... I find tons of spectacular ideas on there. I love that Pinterest is basically a Teacher's Treasure Trove!! Below are some ideas I have snatched up and will be using this week with my Kinderloves.

I've seen this If I Lived in a Snowglobe in many incarnations across Pinterest and numerous teaching blogs.
This particular photo comes from UNDER Paid and OVER Blessed.
I think that it will be a fantastic way to merge our our 5-senses learning
with our Winter Unit in addition to pulling in writing and art to satisfy our school-wide,
arts integration mission. I will definitely post the finished project!


We started working with combinations of numbers to 5 (with some of my upper level students,
we're working on combinations to 10). This afternoon, I will work to create a recording sheet,
but I think that this will be a center that can be easily reused and will lend itself nicely to my very active learners.


I actually started using this sheet much earlier in the year.
I pulled this free pack from Confessions of a Homeschooler and my kiddos absolutely love it!
I printed the pack, laminated and bound it with rings for certain students.
As students master letters, I remove them from their booklet and we graph their progress.
The kids love the bright colors, manipulating the blocks and get SO EXCITED when they
are able to share their newly mastered letters with their friends. 

If you have used any of these strategies and have additional suggestions for implementation, I would love to hear from you!

And feel free to follow my boards on Pinterest! Leave a note in the comments and I'll be sure to follow you back. I'm currently trying to reorganize all of my Teaching Pins... I have well over 2000!


xo Tiffany

No comments

Back to Top