Apple!

This summer, my Principal approached me about ways in which I currently utilize technology in the classroom and limitations that I have. She began to ask me a number of questions about strategies for teaching and making connections between school and home. After receiving probably 4-5 days' worth of questioning via email, phone calls, and texts, I finally asked her what was going on and she explained that she was pulling together information for a grant application.

Soon, she pulled together a small committee, myself included, to review and enhance her application based on teacher need. In early October, representatives from Apple came out to our building to speak with administrators, teachers, and students as well as to make notes of our technological infrastructure and last week, it was finally announced..




Roosevelt School in Bridgeport, CT is the proud recipient of the Apple ConnectED Grant for the 2014-2015 school year!!




With the grant comes iPads for every student in the building, iPads and Macbooks for every teacher, AppleTV for every classroom, added access points for wireless internet throughout the building, updated technological infrastructure to improve speed and connectivity, and my favorite part... Professional Development! Every teacher will be given support in integrating all new technologies!

I am so excited and honored to have been a part of the process and cannot WAIT to share so many new and exciting technological opportunities with my students!! Upon notification of our school's selection, we were asked to make wish-lists of iPad apps for the classroom.

So, I ask you... what are your go-to apps? How do you Apple products (iPads, iPods, Apple TV) in the classroom? Don't hold back!! If you do not currently have the technology you would like, what would you put on your wish list?

post signature

No comments

Back to Top